The importance of optimised web content and email for mobile devices should never be underestimated. Responsys, a leading provider of email and cross-channel marketing solutions, got in touch with us this week to share some top tips on how to make sure your campaigns are capturing mobile clicks and increasing engagement.
According to Responsys’ customer base, around 40% of emails are now opened on mobile devices, so it’s even more reason to make sure you’re not missing out on a valuable opportunity to engage with your customers.
Simon O’Day, Vice President Asia Pacific at Responsys shared 5 top tips that every marketer should remember when optimising campaigns for mobile devices and we’ve summarised these for you below:
- Make it easy to click – create larger buttons, design clickable sections to allow enough room for the reader to click accurately even when zoomed out.
- Keep it simple – Mobile users are often on the move and multi tasking so it is important to make messages clear, simple and uncluttered. Consider using graphics to help explain your content.
- Understand operating systems and devices – There are different mobile devices and operating systems which means messages render differently so should be targeted. Be familiar with these devices and send email which loads quickly and is clear.
- Reduce load time with responsive design – Hide images or insert a link to view images to give readers the option to view to reduce frustration by users with time it takes to open email or images not displaying correctly.
- Make it easy to scroll – Organise layouts that encourage rapid scanning but show key information. Keeping the mobile user’s interest and attention is important. Also consider including a ‘click for more’ hyperlink to entice your reader.
If you would like to get your hands on the Responsys Mobile Email Guide you can download your copy here: http://rpsys.co/mobile
Also, check out our recent article “Are Your Email Campaigns Really Mobile Friendly?” for some further email marketing tips.
Latest posts by Calie Salter (see all)
- Australian Marketing Conferences and Events – April 2019 - March 30, 2019
- Australian Marketing Conferences and Events – March 2019 - March 1, 2019
- Australian Marketing Conferences and Events – February 2019 - February 3, 2019