Content marketing is blogs, social media, diversified content such as videos, webinars, eBooks etc. you use as part of your marketing campaign. Content marketing success depends on how effectively you use these to boost your business.
Done right, you or your brand will be an expert within the industry. Your followers will increase, so does your brand reach. More traffic to your website. More business and more power to you.
Yes, it is not enough just to write blogs or share a few tweets or posts a day. It is more than that. Achieving content marketing success is that important, and it takes some sincere efforts.
Thankfully, you are here. Following these tips will help get you the content marketing success you are looking for.
Tip #1. Know Your Audience Before You Plan Your Content Marketing Campaign
When you know who is going to be consuming your content, you can:
- Make your content relatable and shareable.
- Your focus then will be on creating relevant content that does your marketing for you.
- Knowing your audience gives you the leverage of creating the right content, at the right time and for the right people.
- You will create content that is beneficial for your audience.
- The right content that is useful to your audience helps up your conversation rates.
So creating content becomes meaningful, not just for the sake of it. In fact, knowing your audience makes writing and marketing it on social media easy. Understanding the demographic of your audience enables you to choose the social media platform that is right for you as well.
Tip #2. Don’t Do It All Alone. Crowdsource.
Who said content marketing success is one way? It doesn’t have to be only you or your content marketing team showing content in your audience faces to make it a success. It doesn’t have to be that way at all. In fact, when you crowdsource, you let your audience in. You are making them a part of you. Here are a few ways to do that so you achieve content marketing success:
- Ask for feedback and put in place those you get.
- Offer lucrative incentives to the audience who is a crusader for your brand.
- Co-create content with your audience. Allow them to share stories and videos on your platform.
- Tell them about your new project and get some input.
Tip #3. Don’t Make It All about You. Share Some Social Love
Your audience does not want to see ten different tweets in a day all directed to your website. It’s like force feeding a child that is not hungry. Your audience won’t care for it. So what do you do?
Have you heard of Content Curation? Do that. Share the content created by others that is relevant for your audience. Share this on your social media. Not only will your audience find you are an authority in your industry, but when you tag the content creators, you spread some social love. Your gesture will be appreciated and hopefully, reciprocated on their social media platforms as well. You will generate more followers this way.
Get more guest blogs on your platform. Invite industry influencers to work their charm on your website. Get them to tell a story to show the benefits of your brand and business to your audience.
Tip #4. When You Can’t Create Something New. Repurpose
Say, you have 40 blog posts on your website already. You can diversify this content and make different forms of content for your audience. For example, a blog post that has a considerable amount of statistics can be made into an infographic. Another set of blogs can be turned into a useful ebook. You could also create a presentation or a webinar, depending on your content.
People love free stuff. You can repurpose your existing content and give it out for free! This way, your audience knows that you are generous and dependable.
Tip #5. Take Your Analytics Seriously. Very Seriously.
Analytics can tell you a lot about what is working for you and what’s not. Look at your dashboard weekly or monthly. Check which posts did well and why. Notice the time of posts and the relative engagement. You can update your posting time schedule to fit the engagement level. See which types of the post got the most attention. Then you could work on doing more of what works to achieve the ultimate content marketing success.
Thus, for content marketing success, remember to:
- Know your audience. Create and share your content accordingly.
- Use your audience. Crowdsource.
- Act as an authority of your industry. Consider content curation.
- Repurpose existing content and diversify content into different formats.
- Measure your progress and update content marketing strategies correspondingly.
Latest posts by Alicia Clarke (see all)
- How to Build Profitable Business Using Social Media and Content Marketing - September 15, 2017
- 5 Tips for Content Marketing Success - November 2, 2016