COVID-19 restrictions have impacted events being held, however, during this time we will continue to share local Australian and international digital events you can attend online. So keep on learning, improving your skills and networking!
- This event has passed.
Writing for the Web Short Course in Melbourne
October 29, 2019$420
Learn how to write compelling online content
Taught by a former Age and Sydney Morning Herald editor and journalist, this fun and practical course covers:
- how to write short, sharp and snappy sentences
- creating great headlines and intros
- structuring articles to make them flow better
- formatting to improve readability
- writing for both mobile and desktop screens
- using links and subheads properly
- search engine optimisation (SEO) tips
- editing print copy so it’ll work better online
- improving email newsletters/EDMs
- writing for social media
- usability and accessibility tips.
Only 10 places are available to ensure every participant receives personalised attention.
Writing exercises are included throughout the class so you can immediately practise what you’ve learnt.
Booklets and certificates will be handed out to each participant.