We understand that the circumstances surrounding COVID-19 are having a huge and resounding impact on the entire Australian community.
One of these impacts is the cancellation of physical events, conferences and meetups.
During this time, we will be sharing digital events locally and internationally that you can attend online from the comfort of your home. This will help you to keep learning, improving your skills and networking.
- This event has passed.
Mumbrella Digital Essentials Virtual
June 17 @ 8:00 am - June 18 @ 5:00 pm
Mumbrella’s Digital Essentials, powered by digitalbrief, has gone online. The course is designed to give you an essential up-to-the minute update on the fast paced digital marketing landscape. Whether you’re a seasoned professional looking to brush up or benchmark your strategies, or someone new to the digital world, this workshop format suits a variety of skill levels. Learn what you need to add to your digital know-how as we cover strategic models, content marketing, website development, paid media, social, retention marketing, search, strategy development – and look to the future. After attending the two-day virtual workshop, you’ll walk away with greater confidence across digital marketing topics, tools and techniques to help you long after the course has ended, and a look at where your strategies and marketing activities sit compared to others across industries.
Two Day Course Outline
Check out the full course outline across the two days. Every participant will also gain access to the workshop content online for a full 365 days after the course. Students will learn about digital marketing tools, techniques & chrome extensions along the way.
Digital Marketing and Media Strategic Principles
Before heading into digital marketing examples, ideas, products and tech, the course will bring you ‘back to basics’ with core strategic digital marketing models, setting a framework for the learning ahead. During this component we will review multiple models and see their impact on digital marketing.
- Build thorough groundwork in digital marketing and media strategic models
- Appreciate the underlying principles that drive digital marketing strategy
- Gain the digital confidence to apply these to your day-to-day marketing
Australia’s Digital Landscape and Trends
Understand the changing trends within Australia’s digital media landscape is fundamental to creating great digital marketing strategy and outcomes. We’ll refer to select research across the industry to paint an unbiased picture of the current landscape. All research papers will be available to download following the course, within the online learning area.
- Understand the bigger picture of Australia’s digital landscape
- Explore the trends that are driving the innovation in digital strategies
- Focus your marketing efforts where the Australian audience resides
Owning Owned Media
Take a look at the two dominant strategies of owned media production and learn helpful tools and tricks to optimise your website. With these insights you’ll be able to refine the impact of traffic and audiences across your owned platforms to achieve your marketing goals.
- Learn how to tweak your website, apps, emails & more to increase marketing results
- Follow an on-screen demonstration of a leading analytics package
- Discover marketing tools and techniques to take your assets to the next level
Content Marketing Strategy
Content marketing has long been a buzzword and many brands are making it key to their marketing strategies. This part of the course will outline the major opportunities and challenges that content marketing provides. We highlight this through case study analysis, reviews of strategic models and helpful marketing tools and on-screen demonstrations.
- Discover the four major strategies to make content stick with your target audience
- Review examples of Australian and international content marketing campaigns
- Learn how to leverage your content across paid, owned and earned media
10 Steps to Social Media
Social media strategies can be grouped into common strategies that are applied over and over again across the industry. We boil down every social media strategy into 10 convenient steps allowing you to benchmark your strategies.
- Break down social media strategies into 10 simple steps so you can can apply them to your business or brand
- Learn how to evaluate social media influencers and social media accounts
- Go behind the scenes of the largest paid social media platform in the world – Facebook
Managing and Buying Digital Paid Media
Through a unique approach, get insights on the structure of digital paid media so you can increase your confidence when dealing with paid media buys. You’ll be more confident spending your budgets, and pushing back on your media agency as you’ll have the inside knowledge on managing your digital paid media investment.
- Gain a unique approach to managing digital paid media
- Get your head around digital marketing acronyms so you can negotiate and evaluate your agency’s digital schedule
- Be more confident investing in and signing off on digital media plans
Programmatic Media Priming
Watch and learn as we outline the two major programmatic processes and delve into the current landscape so you can finally understand this often complex topic. Through the session we will review the major players and outline multiple measures for how you can protect your brand when purchasing programmatic.
- Understand the programmatic media landscape and the major benefits to the industry
- Review the major players and how the technology is working for marketers
- Appreciate the major challenges and pitfalls programmatic media can bring to marketers
Delving into Data and Analytics
Learn about and witness firsthand both the communication and commercial opportunities popular analytics programs can provide marketers. You’ll also learn how you can automate this process to save you stacks of time and energy.
- See first hand how popular analytics programs are being used
- Learn how to generate great consumer insights from your paid, owned and earned media
- Leverage stacks of free tools to use the very next day after the workshop
Marketing Automation Work
Marketing automation is potentially one of the most underrated digital marketing opportunities available right now. Using one lucky participant’s brand, the attendees will walk through a live demonstration, creating an automation strategy and developing an outline for their marketing automation program.
- Watch as we craft an automation program live in the workshop for one lucky participant
- Uncover great resources to help you choose the technology that will help you implement an automation program
- Learn the major marketing applications of this under-utilised channel
Measuring and Presenting Your Return on Digital Investment
Some things change, others stay the same. We get to the bottom of measurement and reporting issues around attribution & vanity metrics by cutting through the mountains of crap around reporting. Build your confidence – so that you’ll never fear analysing a digital media report again – by learning a simple six step process to digital marketing and media reporting.
- Learn how to simplify and confidently present your digital marketing reports
- Automate and create shortcuts to fast track your regular reports
- Reframe and position your reports differently to stakeholders to avoid confusion and information overload
Other Related Marketing.com.au Articles:
- Online Marketing Conferences and Events – June 2020
- Australian Marketing Conferences and Events – February 2020
- Australian Marketing Conferences and Events - June 2018
- Australian Marketing Conferences and Events – March 2020
- Australian Marketing Conferences and Events - October 2017
- Australian Marketing Conferences and Events - May 2018
- Australian Marketing Conferences and Events - February 2019
- Australian Marketing Conferences and Events - March 2019