At Marketing.com.au we’re always looking for great marketing events around Australia and you can find them on the conferences and events page. We also encourage the community to share events. The upcoming Strategic Creative Communications seminars were shared by the IABC NSW Chapter and Leanne Joyce has kindly provided us with some further details about the seminars.
I first saw Steve Crescenzo present in San Francisco a few years ago, and I was inspired, entertained, and walked away with some great tips that I was able to apply in the workplace. To me, that’s one big difference between the “talk” and making it work and really improving your skills and confidence.
As a Head of the Communications function, I have always been mindful of the need to demonstrate the value of the group to the CEO, and to be on top of the game in developing the latest tools but linking strategies to organisation goals. This shows you know the business, and THAT’S what turns a CEO on.
So we at the NSW Chapter of the International Association of Business Communicators decided that we’d bring Steve and Cindy Crescenzo to Australia for a seminar series. And as they hadn’t been down-under before, they jumped at the opportunity. We’re now having a series on Strategic Creative Communications in Sydney (4 October) and Canberra (5 October) before they head to New Zealand. And to provide a more intimate setting for senior practitioners, we’re having a half-day Masterclass on 3 October 2012 in Sydney. Details are here.
Steve and Cindy have loaded a video on YouTube [EDIT: Currently not available] explaining the eight reasons you should come along:
- Work needs to be of high-quality and be creative to get attention and cut through all the noise.
- Cindy will give some practical tips on how to do “’guerilla style” research without blowing the budget
- Be creative – but not for creativity’s sake. Tie creative content to organisational goals.
- Don’t do plans that gather dust. We learn how do to plans that are dynamic and realistic, with a good dose of creativity.
- Social media – it’s changed the rules for both internal and external communications but how does it integrate with your plan?
- Lots of case studies that demonstrate how to put ideas into practice.
- Do less. Do better and don’t over-communicate. A set of tools, research and measures to really make a difference.
- Enjoy learning in an informal setting – and we’ll make sure there’s time for laughs and one-one chats throughout.
We’re confident that the seminars will be fun as well as insightful and remind us that its possible to be creative AND deliver wins for your organisation.
You can contact Leanne at LeanneJoyce25@gmail.com
Latest posts by Leanne Joyce (see all)
- Being Strategic And Creative With Your Communications – Event - August 20, 2012