With recent changes in eCommerce due to the global pandemic, competition in online retail is as fierce as ever before. Companies around the globe constantly seek ways to deliver the best user experience to their customers.
One of the best ways to do so is an app-free Augmented Reality solution – one of the latest and most sought-after marketing trends.
More and more companies are discovering and implementing the benefits of AR into their eCommerce strategy to deliver an improved user experience and see an increase in sales as a result.
One great example is Rollie Nation – the Australian footwear retailer that adopted AR and 3D solutions and managed to improve its conversion rates and increase time spent on product pages.
What Is Augmented Reality And What Are Its Main Benefits For eCommerce
Before diving into Rollie Nation’s story, let’s quickly recap on what AR is and its most common benefits.
Augmented Reality (AR) is a technology that modifies and enhances the real-life environment by adding digital visual, sound, or other sensory stimuli elements to it.
AR is on the rise today, and many eCommerce companies worldwide are introducing it into their digital marketing strategy.
In fact, according to the Snap Consumer AR Global Report 2021, 67% of consumers use AR primarily in their homes, and 41% of them use the AR feature for online shopping.
AR technology is taking more space in the online shopping experience due to its following benefits:
- better product visualization;
- increased user interaction;
- faster shopping experience;
- positive brand image – using AR positions the brand as an innovative and forward-thinking business;
- possibly reduced return rates;
- safe shopping experience during the global pandemic when regular shopping is limited or not possible.
Given the benefits, it is only natural for an increasing number of companies to test AR and 3D solutions and implement them into their marketing strategy.
Perception Of AR In Australian Market
When it comes to Australia, GetApp conducted a survey to learn about Australian customer behaviour.
Based on the responses:
- As of today, 17% of Australian consumers have used AR for online shopping, and 11% have used the technology in physical stores.
- On average, 51% of Australians think that AR would make their shopping experience safer.
- Another 49% are interested in using AR technology to shop online or in-store.
Augmented Reality technology is appealing because customers can now place their chosen products (e.g. furniture pieces, clothing, shoes, etc.) into their homes and analyze them thoroughly before purchasing.
As the AR feature enables customers to get a real sense of the product’s colour, size, texture, and more, they can make a more informed decision about the purchase and avoid returning a specific product.
Rollie Nation is an Australian-based company known for its innovative footwear design that has won over customers’ hearts in multiple countries.
The brand’s mission is to create the perfect travel shoe that would be both light and comfortable. Both creativity and innovation were indispensable in the pursuit of a great shoe design. They became the core parts of the company’s DNA and the base for their innovative marketing solutions.
To take their business to the next level, Rollie Nation contacted the CGTrader ARsenal team that helped the company implement 3D and Augmented Reality solutions in their eCommerce strategy.
Rollie Nation implemented over 35 models in their online shop to streamline business processes in various areas – from product design to B2B or regular sales.
As a result of collaboration with CGTrader ARsenal, Rollie Nation saw the following results:
- A 28.45% increase in time spent on the product page;
- A 26% increase in total orders in the last quarter compared to the previous year;
- A 39% increase in the monthly conversion rate compared to the previous year.
On top of that, partnering up with CGTrader enabled Rollie Nation to add innovation to their B2B sales processes and enhance them. Moreover, implementing the latest technologies streamlined an overall product design process and helped to overcome previous limitations.
Augmented Reality solutions are becoming more and more trendy in the eCommerce world.
And seeing brands like Rollie Nation succeeding in terms of conversion rates after AR implementation is the best proof of its effectiveness.
For more augmented reality and advertising tips, you might enjoy these articles:
- The Pros and Cons of Different Advertising Mediums
- 6 Common Mistakes To Avoid with Google AdWords Campaigns
- Making the Most of Your Advertising Spend: Examples of Advertising Budgets
- How To Get The Most Bang For Your Buck From Paid Advertising
- The State of Print Advertising in the Digital Age
- 10 Tips for Writing Effective Advertising Copy