COVID-19 restrictions have impacted events being held, however, during this time we will continue to share local Australian and international digital events you can attend online. So keep on learning, improving your skills and networking!
- This event has passed.
Photoshop Class for Beginners
August 31 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Photoshop is the industry standard photo image editing software for print and digital output. In this hands-on introductory workshop, we will walk through Photoshop’s basic capabilities and use tools and techniques to edit images and create visual design mock-ups – no design experience required!
This workshop will help students visualise products and designs using Photoshop and learn some basic visual design tips.
What we’ll cover:
- Introduction to raster and vector graphics, pixels and resolution
- Image size and file types for print and screen
- Grid structure of a page layout
- White space and hierarchy of information – less is more
- The photoshop tool box
- Selection and move tools
- Working in layers, labelling and grouping
- Isolating an object from it’s background using masks
- Retouching or extending a background
- Creating gradients, shadows and reflections
- Transforming an object
- Lockups and alignment
- Type, legibility and placeholder text
- Logos on products and mock-ups
- Doing a resize – using transparency to help position and scale an image in context