COVID-19 restrictions have impacted events being held, however, during this time we will continue to share local Australian and international digital events you can attend online. So keep on learning, improving your skills and networking!
- This event has passed.
Being Accessible Online Workshop
August 18 @ 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
With so much of our lives having moved online, arts companies, cultural venues, event producers and other creative industry organisations are now delivering much more of their activities using online and digital channels.
It’s a huge shift and we all need to upskill so online content and services can be accessed and enjoyed by the 1 in 5 Australians who live with disability, a significant market segment for providers of arts, culture and events.
With the support of the Australia Council For The Arts, our new Delivering Accessible Online Events workshop has been developed to specially address the needs of arts and cultural organisations so they can improve the accessibility and inclusiveness of their relevant online activities.
- Discover practical solutions and ‘easy wins’ for delivering accessible online performances, online exhibitions, online rehearsals and creative developments, webinars, online panel discussions and meetings, and social media
- Receive useful resources
- Learn from trainers with disability who are arts experts
- Enjoy the increased accessibility and convenience of online training
- Interact with our trainers as well as other participants, so you can ask questions and share knowledge
- Attend our standard public workshop or book a bespoke private session
- How to create an inclusive online space using various platforms
- What to do before, during and after an online event to maximise accessibility
- Online etiquette for accessible sound and visual content
- Best tech solutions and ‘quick fixes’ for captioning, Auslan interpretation and audio description
- Informative case studies from artists and arts organisations across a range of art forms