COVID-19 restrictions have impacted events being held, however, during this time we will continue to share local Australian and international digital events you can attend online. So keep on learning, improving your skills and networking!
- This event has passed.
The Social Media Manager: More Than Memes
June 5, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
As social media has grown, so social media management for organizations has moved from a sidehustle for an intern to a professional role. This session explores the opportunities and challenges of that role. We will discuss:
– What a social media manager actually does.
– How they engage both the organizations they work in and the broader general publics.
– The rise of the “influencer” and what this means for social media managers
Joanne Jacobs is an award-winning digital strategist and company director, and she is the Co-CEO (with Gavin Heaton) of Disruptor’s Handbook, a firm that facilitates incubation of innovation in enterprise. Joanne is on the Board of Code Club Australia, as well as the NSW Government Digital Advisory Panel, and she is a regular mentor of startups. She was the 2018 Entrepreneur in Residence, and is currently an Industry Fellow, at the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences at UTS. She was co-editor with Axel Bruns of the book, Uses of Blogs (2006).
Markus Hafner is Manager, Social Media at the NSW Dept of Industry. He has managed social media programs at the ABC and Razorfish. Markus has held a number of senior positions in the IT industry such as CEO at PeopleBrowsr and CIO at Adstream.
Maya Mausli is a Social Media Manager at We Are Social where she works full-time supporting PwC Australia. Maya has previously held roles with Audible and Samsung.
Lauren Mathieson is from We Are Social, one of Australia’s leading social specialists where she works full time supporting PwC as a Social Media Content & Community Manager. She also runs her own small business of the side – Oh My Gum Designs – selling handmade jewellery inspired by Aussie natives, which was born and bred on Instagram and recently featured in Mamamia’s new book Lady Startup. Lauren has previously worked at content marketing agency Brandalism as a Social Media Manager and studied a Masters of Communications Management at UTS.
Other Related Marketing.com.au Articles:
- Marketing Events – June 2021
- SEMrush AU Search Awards 2019 Winners
- Hotels and Influencer Marketing in 2020
- Online Marketing Events – November 2020
- Online Marketing Events – September 2020
- Australian Marketing Conferences and Events – March 2020
- Marketing Events – February 2021
- Australian Marketing Conferences and Events – February 2020
- June 5, 2019
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Event Categories:
- Meetup, Social Media, Sydney