Have you been thinking that you really should update your diary and get along to some Australian marketing industry conferences and events? They are a great opportunity for you to learn and network with industry colleagues, thought leaders and innovators.
Conferences, workshops, training and seminars can help stimulate the creative juices and give you an insight into exactly what all your peers are up to.
We’ve compiled is a comprehensive list of upcoming Australian marketing, media and advertising conferences and events. Take a look. You never know; one might just take your fancy.
Upcoming Australian Marketing Conferences and Events
Melbourne SEO Meetup
1 October 2014, Melbourne
The Melbourne SEO meetup was founded in 2011 and is a great way to meet up with other like minded individuals in the industry, in a relaxed and informal session on digital and web marketing. The group share tips and advice on becoming a better web marketer or developer (whether you’re a sole trader or part of large agency).
It’s also about asking those tough questions and getting group consensus on what is the possible implications or complications on a particular method or technique. The group meet on the second Wednesday of the month, it’s free to join.
For more information visit: http://www.meetup.com/Melbourne-SEO
4 to 5 September 2014, Melbourne
Gain access to a world of new ideas, information and opportunities with the Australian Market & Social Research Society Annual Conference from international keynote speakers and thought leaders. Explore new thinking, technological updates, methodological updates and emerging trends while experiencing prime networking opportunities.
For more information visit: www.amsrs.com.au/conference-information
Digital Brand Strategy Workshop
9 September 2014, Sydney
The Digital Brand Strategy Workshop will be running in Sydney and Melbourne, September / October 2014. This one-day practical and interactive workshop helps participants build their Brand Story consistently and effectively across digital channels. Facilitated by Tony Eades – Brand Strategist, Creative Director and Strategic Marketing Consultant. Limited to only 20 participants. Learning Outcomes:
- Develop an integrated Digital Brand Strategy that aligns your business, marketing and digital objectives
- Build a unique brand story that properly represents and differentiates your business
- Implement a brand messaging framework that drives all of your marketing and communications
- Create unique and engaging brand experiences across digital channels
- Establish meaningful brand metrics to measure and improve brand performance
- Discover the four actions companies must now take in order to attract visitors, generate leads and covert customers
For more information visit: http://www.
Western Australia Marketing and Business Networking Congress
9 to 10 September 2014, Perth
The congress is a joint initiative between the Australia Marketing Institute, the Public Relations Institute of Australia, the Communications Council and the Australian Market and Social Research Society. It is a chance to hear the latest updates in the field of marketing and to network with a wide variety of colleagues.
For more information visit: www.ami.org.au
Online Marketing Sydney
17 September 2014, Perth
This is a monthly meet up for any one working in the Digital space. It aims to bring together like minded SEO, SEM, Analytics and Display professionals and any one else who is interested in having a few drinks and talking about digital marketing. The event usually involves an expert presentation followed by drinks.
For more information visit: www.meetup.com/Online-Marketing-Sydney/
Social Media Week Sydney
22 to 26 September 2014, Sydney
Social Media Week Sydney is a week long conference that provides the ideas, trends, insights and inspiration to help people and businesses understand how to achieve more in a hyper-connected world. The event features a central stage for keynotes and panels, multiple rooms for workshops, masterclasses and presentations, and an area dedicated to co-working, networking and interactive installations.
For more information visit: http://socialmediaweek.org/sydney
PRIA Victoria: 10th Anniversary Women in PR Forum 2014
10 October 2014, Melbourne
PRIA invites ladies and gentlemen to the 10th anniversary Women in PR Forum on Friday, 10 October 2014. This will be the tenth consecutive Women in PR Forum held in Victoria, and with your support will be the best yet. Book your seat or a table and join more than 300 of Victoria’s most influential women for a thought-provoking afternoon of conversations. As well as being a professional development opportunity, the 2014 Women in PR Forum raises money for a charity each year.
For more information visit: www.pria.com.au
IAB Training: Data for Advertising
23 October 2014, Sydney
A deeper look into what data means in the advertising world. This one day courses looks specifically at the use of data for advertising, more specifically campaign targeting, optimisation and verification. Topics to be covered include:
- Understand how using audience data is changing the way in which marketers are thinking about engaging their consumers
- Learn what DMP’s do and why clients, publishers and media agencies are investing so heavily in proprietary data solutions
- Explore how data is being used to verify campaign success metrics and the challenges traditional research companies are facing with panel based measurement tools
- Data privacy and protection and how this is affecting your business and you as a consumer
- How data is being applied in the programmatic trading space and how this is evolving traditional media planning and buying
- A global look at data usage and how Australia differs from markets across Europe and the US
For more information visit: www.iabaustralia.com.au
IAB Training: Programatic Trading
30 October 2014, Melbourne
The only training course in Australia focused on the impact of programmatic technology on digital media planning and buying. Topics to be covered will include:
- The basics of programmatic trading like acronyms and key players
- Real time bidding and he benefits of this type of buying
- The inventory landscape – understand how open exchanges, networks and private marketplaces work
- Opportunities and the challenges of programmatic trading
- How to run and optimise digital campaigns through real-time bidding
For more information visit: www.iabaustralia.com.au
The Australian Government: Community and Marketing 2014
12 to 13 November 2014, Canberra
This two day conference will focus on digital and social media strategies and tools to effectively engage and communicate with stakeholders for now for the future. Hear practical case study presentations from: CSIRO, Creative Suburbs, Australian National University, London Live (Former BBC Reporter), Department of Premier and Cabinet, Queensland Government, Defence Housing Australia, and the National Archives of Australia.At this forum, you will gain insights and key learnings to:
- Develop innovative and low-cost marketing strategies to engage with customers
- Understand how to overcome the challenges in government marketing
- Utilise digital and social media effectively to achieve cut-through
- Engage and communicate with stakeholders successfully
- Improve customer service and increase brand recognition
- Incorporate mobile marketing strategies and mobile apps
For more information visit: http://www.arkgroupaustralia.com.au/Events-F019GovMarketing.htm
World Marketing & Sales Forum
12 to 13 November 2014, Melbourne
BEE & WOBI are proud to present the first edition of the World Marketing & Sales Forum on the 12th and 13th of November 2014 at Melbourne Town Hall. Business Executive Education (BEE) own the rights to hold the WOBI (World of Business Ideas) events in the Asia-Pacific region. BEE has successfully launched the World Business Forum Sydney which was in May 2014.
The World Marketing & Sales Forum has been established for over 10 years globally. It has previously been held as an annual event in the following countries: Germany, Italy, Spain, Brazil and Mexico. Globally, the World Marketing & Sales Forum is known for starting new trends, being at the forefront of innovative ideas and exploring new possibilities in sales and marketing.
For more information visit: www.wmsfmelb.com